Afridi to skip Test Matches until World Cup

Shahid Afridi

 Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has decided to stop playing Test cricket until after next year's World Cup in the West Indies.

 

"I have decided that it is better if I stop playing Test cricket until the next World Cup and concentrate on giving my best for the team in the one-dayers" Afridi told Reuters on Wednesday.

"After the World Cup I will decide whether I want to resume my Test career. This decision is based on my feeling that it is not possible for me to adjust and subsequently give 100 percent in both forms of the game."

"The amount of cricket being played these days is too hectic for me and I felt playing both forms was affecting my performances. Doing well in the World Cup and helping my team win is my main priority now," Afridi said.

"I have discussed this and informed my captain Inzamam-ul-Haq about this decision and he has been supportive," Afridi said.

Inzamam said he would respect Afridi's decision.

"I would not like to create any pressure on him to do something he does not want to do at this stage," Inzamam said.

NOTABLY : Pakistan will play a minimum of nine Test matches and around 25 one-day internationals before the World Cup starts in March.

0 comments: