[Mother's Day: 2nd Sunday of May]

Today in almost allover the world Mother's Day is being is celebrated, here is my contribution after wishing my mom.

It is said that a Mother is the most precious gift of God. But we greet the most loved being on earthon a single day & why not every day. It should be practised EVERYDAY.

Re-Dialling History:
The earliest Mother's Day celebrations can be traced back to the spring celebrations of ancient Greece in honor of Rhea, the Mother of the Gods.During the 1600's, England celebrated a day called "Mothering Sunday". In the United States Mother's Day was first suggested in 1872 by JuliaWard Howe (who wrote the words to the Battle hymn of the Republic) asa day dedicated to peace.

Few Quotes to start the day with:

  • I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.They have clung to me all my life.Everything I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother--Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
  • Gregory Nunn: Anyone who doesn't miss the past never had a mother.
  • My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. George Washington
  • The mother art is architecture. Without an architecture of our own we have no soul of our own civilization. Frank Lloyd Wright

Last Byte: In the name of the Mother a must read article......

Any more dedications, any more stuff, like what u will do for your mother today. Do share here......

2 comments:

S A J Shirazi

9:29 AM

Nice collection. Nice flight of thoughts.

Hami

2:16 PM

thanks for it
Formal yes it is but i know some of visitors dont know about its origin............
thanks for visiting my blog....